Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Breakfast Casserole. Super Easy

The title says it all! So super easy..

I will begin with saying we have an amazing family! Jeremy's cousin made a resolution this year to come up and visit 1 weekend a month for the entire year. So far we have have hit January and February (March is in the works). SO for February I wanted to make a super simple breakfast dish that was all in one and quick to make. To Pinterest I went on the search.. I found a breakfast casserole with crescent rolls, eggs, sausage and cheese. Seemed easy enough.

I truly didn't do anything special other then throwing in some fresh garlic, onions and green peppers.

 That alone looks supper awesome and FRESH.. man do I love cooking with fresh ingredients ANY time that I get my hands on them (come on spring! ready to plant our garden)

So for this recipe you spray the bottom of your casserole dish with cooking spray and roll out the crescent rolls on the bottom. next layer pour 6 eggs ( I believe I used 8 eggs, lot of mouths we were feeding) over the top of the crescent rolls. Now I did salt and pepper the eggs. I then sprinkled in the garlic onion and peppers. I then took some of our amazing fresh sausage patties browned and crumbled and sprinkled it over the top of the egg mix. Lastly I sprinkled about 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese over the top.


I then placed the whole dish into a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes... aaaand....

Something amazing happened in that oven and all the fabulous ingredient came together to give us and super breakfast. Everyone got a square and NOTHING was left over! (There was also 5 adults and 6 kids feed from this)

This is a must try for anytime of the year with any amount of people (of course if you have more then 11 you better prepare 2 or more!)

I also, had time to spare to make Cinnamon Sugar bread to serve with it.. Oh yeah be looking for that recipe too!

The Recipe:

You Will Need:
6 eggs
1 can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1 package Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles
1 cup shredded cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Spray cooking oil in a cake pan. Spread crescent rolls out evenly on the bottom of pan, making one large rectangle. Mix 6 eggs in a bowl (making sure to pop all the yolks) with salt and pepper and pour on top of crescent roll dough. Pour sausage crumbles evenly over everything. Shred about 1 cup of cheese over it all and pop it in the oven. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.

The Site:
http://improvisedcreativity.blogspot.com/2012/05/quick-easy-breakfast-caserole.html

By: Andi Weaver

Now off with you.. go get in the kitchen and be yourself and create what you love!

<3 T

2 comments:

  1. My family reallllyyyyy enjoyed this. Even the baby ate all of his which is a miracle!!! Although we had ours for dinner. Thanks for a great recipe that super easy!!!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, Your welcome!! I am so glad to hear the you family enjoyed it, including the baby!! I completely understand how hard it can be to find something that everyone likes! Thank you for the feed back.. and trust me lots more kid friendly post/ recipes coming in the future!

    <3 T

    ReplyDelete