Monday, March 25, 2013

Cinnamon and Sugar Bread

I actually first made this recipe over a month ago (back during our monthly family get together in February) and it turned out fantastic.. not 1 single crumb left.. then again I did only make 1 loaf to feed 5 adults and 6 children. So today I got smart, I made 2 loaves. Due to recent events I am just now able to blog again (YAY!!) Recent events.. OH NO!!! It's all good... well it wasn't all bad, just strenuous. My husband and I now have full time custody of his two amazing boys Tristan and Hayden, you will start to see them in the pictures, and yes we finally tied the knot. A long time coming but we are on to the rest of our lives together as one amazing family! AND... (no I am not pregnant) we will be breaking ground on a huge multi family garden around May!! So expect more pictures and fun stories that go along with fresh recipes!

Today's helpers brought to me by Hayden and Emma <3
Yes these are my new found "twins". Hayden is 5 and Emma is 4 but darn it they are so much a like!

Now, this bread is super easy and not a whole lot of ingredients either! And amazingly I didn't change a thing!! My helpers and I mixed all the dry ingredients together first (we did a double batch), then added the wet ingredients, Mixed in the mixer just until everything was moist.

Is it done.. YET?!?! Yes the patients of a 5 and 4 year old!

Once mixed we poured the batter in to two 9 x 5 loaf pan (using half the batter) then the most amazing helpers sprinkled cinnamon and sugar over the top...




Hayden being ever so cute!!














Emma doing her thing...





Next we took the remaining batter and poured over the top of the loaf (splitting it as evenly as you can between the two loafs if you do a double batch like I did). Then, lastly I sprinkled so cinnamon and sugar over the top (not too much as it will just make a mess when taking it out of the pan)

In to the preheated over (350 degrees) for about 57 minutes for me, the recipe states 45- 50 minutes. and this is what you come out with...





Fresh out of the oven...





2 loaves all sliced up...
Oh My Yumminess!!... This is so incredibly good.. and not too bad of an afternoon, after school goody!! Can't wait to share with Tripp, Gage and Tristan when they get home from school! 


The Original Recipe:
Ingredients
1/3 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
In large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and 1 cup sugar. Add egg, milk, and oil to flour mixture.
Stir until just moistened.
Pour half of the batter into pan.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar .
Cover with remaining batter.
Top with more cinnamon/sugar if desired.

Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Wrap in foil and let sit overnight before slicing.

The Site:
http://whiskandaprayer.blogspot.ca/2011/04/cinnamon-sugar-bread.html

By: Liz

Alright I have taken up enough space.. hehe.. now its your turn to go get in that kitchen of yours, yes the one you walk through every day.. turn on the oven and try this bread yourself! If you love it.. leave feedback, if you dislike it (I am trying not to use the word "hate").. leave feedback. 

Go be creative!

<3 T

No comments:

Post a Comment