Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Homemade Fries

This is nothing super special... most folks know what fries are and how to make them from frozen or fresh. So, this is nothing new.. just basically me ranting about my success with a homemade fast food meal :)

I had a few potatoes left that needed to be used.. so I washed them up cut them up.. and in my mind... into perfect fries.. hahaha!


I then took the one pot in my house allowed to hot oil in it.. for now :) I tried to have the temp between 250 and 300 degrees..

Now I did a double dip.. I put the fries in for 10 minutes took them out.. they were not done cooking yet.. I let them sit for 10 minutes (put another batch in alternating).. then put them back in for another 10 minutes.  This to me creates a crispier skin and a soft middle... very delicious!!

Now for us I sprinkled our finished fries with Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning... But you could use anything.. just salt, or even plain!! try it you self with your version of my Cheese Stuffed Burgers.. :)


You totally have to tried this when you get the chance.. and as always leave a comment on you results!

<3  T

No comments:

Post a Comment