Thursday, May 14, 2015

Garden 2015: Week 6


Here we are into week 6 of Garden 2015.. other then being in limbo to get the seedlings into the ground.. I have now planted the radishes directly into the garden. I have also trimmed the chives back twice now..lol Spring is here.. however the next weeks temps say differently. Week 7 may start inside.. AGAIN!!

Ok this week lets start off with the new.. and the old.. the chives:



Here I am, starting of Sunday morning right, with a chive hair cut!




Now this particular batch I allowed to dry out side in the sun as a whole. Once it dries I will chop it up and save it for later culinary use!

Radishes:



Now on to whats been growing already...

Marigolds and Sunflowers:


Sweet Peppers:


Hot Peppers:


Cucumbers:



Patty Pan Squash:


Zucchini:


Pumpkin:


Tomatoes:




Broccoli, Cauliflower and Cabbage:


Broccoli:



Cauliflower:


Cabbage:


Onions:





Strawberries:


Garlic:


Ok, so another new part.. Potatoes.. nothing much... just cut them down to seed and allowed to dry out




And to end week 6.. A look at what the garden currently looks like.. while it awaits a turn over with the tiller... oh only a few more weeks I hope!!







Come on frost free nights and the threat of snow- no-more!! I green thumb, hand you name it is itching to get in the ground!! I have so many ideas.. CAN NOT WAIT!!

in the mean time catch up on the past few weeks:

Week 5
Week 4
Week 3
Week 1

<3 T

Simply Always, Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment