Saturday, October 27, 2012

Banana Butterscotch Bread

So originally this recipe started out as Banana Chocolate Chip Bread.. well some little gremmlins in my house ate all chocolate chips we had left.. sigh. Sooo.... I had peanut butter chips, caramel chips and butterscotch chips. Although peanut butter and banana go very well together I wanted something new. So I bounced the idea of the butterscotch chips to my sister-in-law, and with her encouragement went a head with this devilish plan. So I of course modified the origional recipe to fit what I had. Where the recipe calls for 1 cup of chocolate chips I did 3/4 cup butterscotch and.. shhhhh... 1/4 mini reese's pieces cups :). Everything else remained that same.


The batter was very simple to construct it maybe took me 10 minutes give or take a few (kitten under the feet).


I did grease and line my loaf pan with wax paper. I just find it so much easier to remove the bread. Bakes 350 for (like the recipe says) 60-80 min. I checked mine at about 70 minutes in and it still need about 15 minutes more.

Fully baked. This is very delicious... I will say we are not the biggest on banana bread but this will have to be put to use again in the future if the bananas are not eaten fast enough!!

The Recipe:

INGREDIENTS

  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 3 bananas, mashed (1 cup mashed banana)
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
1 loaf

PREPARATION

Pre-heat the oven to 350°F .
Grease and flour a 8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan (or use baking spray, such as Baker's Joy brand).
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Mix in the oil, bananas and eggs. Stir in the chocolate chips (do not overmix!) and pour into the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 60-80 minutes. Cool the loaf in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out and cool completely, right side up.

Recipe by: Rachael Ray

Website:

Enjoy!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment