Saturday, October 27, 2012

Snicker-Doodle Bread a la Tina

I am not sure where to even start.. :) So I had Friday off from work and I really, REALLY wanted to bake something... to Pinterest I went trying to find some yummy recipe's to make, bake and try! I had a hard time deciding on what to make, the world of baking has some many things to do! Cookies, cakes, pies, bread, ect.. But all in all it's all good and I haven't heard any complaints (not even the fake niceness!) Ok so back to this decision. I decided bread was the way to go. I found to recipe's I liked Banana Chocolate Bread and Snicker-doodle Bread. I couldn't narrow it down more then that, so I made both :).

The recipe for the Snicker-doodle bread was pretty easy to follow. I did have a BIG issue not being able to find cinnamon chips. For this I substituted with butterscotch chips and caramel chips.

 The recipe was very easy to follow. I made one loaf, in your typical sized loaf pan. This recipe was meant for 4 mini loaves. The problem I ran in to was it was too much for one normal sized pan to handle.

It was HUGE!!! I will make this again (OMG the reviews were amazing on the bread) next time I will use to normal sized pan splitting the batter in half. and make 2 breads full of yumminess!!! Oh and the cinnamon and sugar topping was like this amazing sweet crust to a very moist and oh so tasty!

Te Recipe:


Snickerdoodle Bread

Course:  Skill Level: 
The bread version of Snickerdoodles and one that everyone will love!! Modified from Barbara Bakes

INGREDIENTS

2 1/2 cups flour

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Cream butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon until fluffy. Add eggs and mix well.
  2. Add vanilla and sour cream and mix well.
  3. Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add to wet ingredients and mix until all combined.
  4. Add cinnamon chips and stir into batter. Set aside.
  5. Spoon batter into 4 mini loaf pans until about 2/3 full.
  6. Mix 3 T. sugar and 3 t. cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle over the batter in each loaf pan.
  7. Bake at 350 for 35-38 minutes. Let cool before removing from pan.
Recipe by:
Copyright© www.lilluna.com

Website:

Happy baking my friends!!!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment