Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sweet and Salty Treats

I promised this was coming.. This is a super easy and super fun recipe. I did this with my 3 year old daughter, Emma. We had so much fun! There really isn't much explaining for this however, I had some experiments with it that went bad :(. First thing when you put the pretzels with the Hershey kiss or hug on top of it, leave it in for about 3-5 minutes checking often to see if it is "shinny". I say this cause I took a batch out of the oven to early the chocolate wasn't melted all the way so naturally I put it back in. Well guess what, doing this turns the chocolate in to powder! Guess I over cooked it.. oh well tossed those and did some more :)

Now this is the second batch I made. I used square pretzels, hugs and white chocolate "candy corn" M&M's. The others have the square pretzel, chewy caramel, hug, 2 peanut butter and 2 butterscotch chips on top. They both came out great!!

Ok so in this picture you have the pumpkin chocolate chip bread, previously blogged about. In the other container is the sweet and salty treats. This was made with your classic pretzel, Hershey kiss and fall colored M&M's. No matter how you chose to top these, they are awesome!! I think I have made this 3 times now with plans to make them again in the future. Bonus they make awesome gifts to mail out to your loved ones during the holidays. Come Christmas time you should be able to find the peppermint kisses/hugs put one of those on a pretzel with red, green and white M&M's... OR pretzel with a plain kiss and a gum drop on top.. the possibilities are endless for any holiday!

The Recipe:


Sweet and Salty Halloween Treats
from 
Baking and Creating with Avril

Ingredients:
Mini Pretzels (I used the snaps, shaped like squares, but you could use the twists too.)
Hershey Kisses Hugs (any kind of kisses would do)
Candy Corn

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil. Place pretzels on cookie sheet, not touching. Unwrap Hershey's Kisses and place on top of pretzels and then place filled cookie sheet in oven. Bake for 3-5 minutes but no longer. You will know they are ready when the Hershey Kisses start to get shiny. Take out of oven and gently place candy corn on top of Hershey Kisses, pushing down ever so gently. Cool and then transfer to serving platter or wrap up as gifts. I actually placed mine in the fridge for a few minutes to speed up the cooling process, and it worked perfectly.



Recipe from:

http://cakeinfo.blogspot.com/2010/10/sweet-treat-tuesday-sweet-and-salty.html


Go crank up that oven and try this out.. seriously it takes more time to heat the oven up then to be creative with these yummy morsels!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment