Monday, November 19, 2012

Beer Battered Venison steak nuggets

The first venison recipe was such a hit I thought.. "well, self, maybe you can post your own of the top of the head recipes, someone might like it". So here is another venison recipe. I want to let you know, up front, my beer batter is NEVER the same. Every time I make it taste different, I guess maybe I should start writing it down... NAH!!! But I will for this one tell you rough guesstimates on amounts :), either way you will LOVE the batter! On to the meat... so for this I used round steaks, as the package was labeled. I did cut the steaks into to "bite sized" pieces.

Ok so time for some fun facts about your author... When I am trying to find a recipe on something to try I look a several different ones to get an idea on the "base" of the recipe. For the beer batter I must have looked at about 8 different versions of a beer batter and finally came up with a base. The basics of my beer batter is one 12 oz beer (depending on your taste buds pick the beer you would want.) I used bud light in this one cause that's what we had on hand. 3 large eggs and about 1 cup of flour (more or less depending on how thick you want your batter). Now the seasoning is where my batter changes every time. This time I used, Garlic, pepper, salt, red pepper and paprika.




 Once your batter is is created and your steaks are cut.. combine like so. (FYI: I did pre-salt and pepper my steak before putting in the batter. Only a light sprinkle)



I like to use Crisco as my oil of choice but you can use vegetable oil, canola oil or even peanut oil. I would keep the grease around 325 degrees. I flip my nuggets only once. I wait til it is golden brown on the first side and flip, cooking only until it is golden brown. (this way the meat doesn't over cook)








Here is how my final nugget came out. and as much as I made.. what was left over was eaten the next morning with pancakes. I suppose the fam liked it.. they really liked it.. :)







Beer Batter

1 12 oz can/ bottle of your preferred beer
3 large eggs
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tbs salt
1 tbs black pepper
1 tbs garlic
1 tbs red pepper
1/2 tbs paprika

Mix beer and eggs together first. Slowly add in the flour adjusting the amount to fit desired thickness. Add in spices. Heat oil to 325 degrees. Place meat of choice (great with chicken too) in batter til coated the place in hot grease. Flip once the bottom side is golden brown. remove from grease once your nugget of meat is completely golden brown. Serve and enjoy.

Created in: Tina's fun, awesome mind!

Give it a try and leave comments to how your turned out! Have fun...

<3 T

3 comments:

  1. well, as I have some venison steak left over from dinner tonight, I shall give this a go tomorrow. The kids were really excited about trying venison for the first time. It came out a bit dry, but that is my fault as I have NEVER cooked it before, only ate it. They all ate it and liked it. Tomorrow, this and hmmmm, a side....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wondering, I have a couple of the venison steaks left over from ^, and as stated, they are a bit dry. I would love to try this recipe, do you know, would it soften the steaks up a bit? Thanks! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found that once I make the batter, I then cut the steaks up in to "bite size" pieces and as I am cutting I put them in the batter. I do let them sit in the batter for about 5 minutes or more til I am ready to start frying them. I does make them more softer. Also, since these are fresh of the deer steaks I do try and "clean" them up more. Meaning I trim off any of the connective tissue or tallow (the thick white stuff)that may still be on the meat. I did make this again last night with neck steaks which Jeremy said can be very tough meat, and they turned out very tender and soft. Give it a go and see if any of those tips help!

      <3

      Delete