Saturday, April 6, 2013

Beef Steak Strips in Gravy

Originally this started out as me wanting to try making a version of philly cheese steaks, only to find out the idea was GREAT.. but I did NOT have all the ingredients I needed and going to the store "real quick" just isn't an option now a days. I mean sure I can get a few kids ready to go.. YEAH right!! We are still having to layer anytime we go out side. So, 3 kids (ages 4,5 & 6) getting into snow pants, snow boots, hats gloves and a heavy jacket is no small task much less doing ALL of that just to drive 8 miles into town to the store.. Nah.. NO thanks you I will create :)!

We had some delicious beef round steaks that I cut into strips, green peppers cut into strips and roasted garlic just cut up. In a large skillet I put some olive oil, maybe 1-2 tbsp, and let that heat up then add in the ingredients...





I want to say the strips are abut 1/4 inch thick, for the green peppers I cut the top and bottoms off then sliced into long strips..










Once the oil is hot add in the garlic pieces. Cook them for about 2-3 minutes, or until you can start to smell the garlic...











Next add in the green peppers. I let this cook for about 5 minutes to give the pepper time to start to soften...











Finally add in the beef strips. Sprinkled salt, pepper and a pinch of paprika over the steak and peppers. Cook all of this until the strips are just cooked through (not too done, they still have more cooking to do (; )






Now the next part was pretty darn easy.. :) Once your steak and peppers are cooked take them out of the pan, I placed mine into the bowl they would be served in, and return the skillet to the stove. Using 2 cans (I do believe they are the 14.5 oz cans) of cream of mushroom soup and 1 can of water. Using a whisk combine the soup and water together over medium heat. Once warmed up and combined add back the steak and peppers..


I would love to show you the final plate.. But having all boys (and 1 little meat eating girl) they come in get their food and like a tornado the plates are empty. And poor mommy and daddy they barely have time to sit before helping the kids down :) however, we would not trade it for the world!!

This dish was absolutely fabulous! The taste was so very tasty! No, it did not taste anything like a philly, but it was amazing all on its own! I am pretty sure (haven't experimented yet) a flank steak would work nicely as well.. give it a try see what you think! And as always please feel free to leave feed back about this recipe or what creation you come up with!

Go be creative in YOUR kitchen :)

<3 T

No comments:

Post a Comment