Sunday, December 16, 2012

Baked Brie with Peaches

I have been wanting to try baking Brie, and what a better time to try this by "practicing" for our family's winter solstice shin-dig. Bought a pretty basic grocery store brie and a can of peaches in syrup. I took the Peaches syrup and all and put it in a sauce pan with about 2 tbsp of cinnamon. Brought the peach mix to a boil over medium high heat, then reduced to simmer til the peaches started to break down.


I took a small brie wheel and left it in the rind placed it in a baking dish. Topped the brie with the peaches and baked it at 350 degrees for about 15 min.


While that was baking I happen to remember that I had some onion poppy seed ciabatta bread.. thought maybe I should toast it in rectangles to dip in the brie.


This was Jeremy's first time having baked brie.. well brie for that matter and I think he actually liked it. At least there was nothing left over once it hit the table. Now I spent $5 on the brie, $3 on the bread and the can of peaches maybe $0.89.. So trust me for this goodness it wasn't that expensive! Totally do able for anyone! So please go try it yourself.. let us all know what you thought of this!

<3  T

1 comment: