Wednesday, December 12, 2012

BBQ Pulled Beef

We are very blessed and lucky to have the family and the neighbors that we have! So, my beautiful sister and brother-in-law gave us a package of pulled beef. The beef came from the cow that our fantastic neighbor who raised 3 beautiful cows!! If you ask me this was #37 she was a beautiful cow!! Just sayin!

Any who back to the subject at hand.. BBQ pulled beef. So our fantastic family cooked a beef roast and then pulled the meat with a few forks, thus giving us pulled beef.. (awesome, I know!!) SO I am yet again attempting another BBQ sauce.. Went looking online like I do for a recipe, came across a few by they called for liquid smoke..liquid smoke?!?! Who has liquid smoke on hand?? Not this girl! I finally stumbled upon a recipe that didn't call for it, go figure it says its the Applebee's BBQ sauce! Of course I made my own adjustments, and well... Created a whole new recipe!

I took 1/3 cup ketchup, 1/3 cup white vinegar, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons of horseradish, 2 teaspoons yellow mustard, 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of black pepper. Whisked this all together in a crock pot. I let that start heating up then added the pulled beef (once it came to room temp). With a fork stirring the beef into the sauce. Letting it cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.





The mixture in the crock pot... OhMyGosh the amazing smell coming from my crock pot!! I let the mixture warm up in the pot before adding in the beef.






I then added in the pre-cook pulled beef. Which by the way smelt AMAZING!! WayToGo sister and brother-in-law!! Did I mention they were married last November 11, 2011 (11/11/11)? Well these two beautiful people had been together about 5 years (forgive me if I am wrong) and during their favorite time of the year (Hunting Season) decided to tie the knot! Wedding color Hunter's Orange! It was a beautiful ceremony followed by a week honeymoon in the woods, Hunting! So, every year for deer season two of my favorite people get to have an amazing honeymoon! (remember this there is a test at the end of this blog..hahah)




I let this beautiful marriage of ingredients and meat cook at low for 2 hours (maybe a little more)... Ohhh the smell that is produced!!! Yummy!!









And look at that plate!! This was a party in my mouth! I did get ambitious and tried to make my own potato chips. I will say this was a partial fail for me! Read the blog on it, you may enjoy it yourself!

The Original Recipe:


Applebee's Barbecue Sauce

Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Sauces Bbq

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
TO MAKE 1 CUP
1/3 cup Bottled apple butter
1/3 cup Catalina dressing
1/3 cup Ketchup
2 tablespoons Worcestershire

TO MAKE 1 QUART
1 1/3 cups Bottled apple butter
1 1/3 cups Catalina dressing
1 1/3 cups Ketchup
1/2 cup Worcestershire

Combine all ingredients. Will keep in the refrigerator for a few weeks or may be frozen.

The site:
http://www.budget101.com/mixes-myo-copycat-etc/2571-copycat-applebees-bbq-sauce.html



So as you can see I really changed some things around.. hahaha!! Now before I close out here and step down to cook/ bake some more I would like to pass on a cause to my readers. I told you earlier I would test you on my story line (haha.. story line) about my sister and brother-in-law. Well truth is these two amazing people have started or are trying to start a foundation to help victims of sexual molestation crimes and sexual abuse crimes. They are currently taking donations to become a non-profit organization. Women and man face such horrible crimes in one way or another EVERYday.. to have someone out there to provide them support and the road to recovery is something special and amazing! Please visit their site and help out where you can whether it is a donation of ANY size or simply passing the word along, you will be helping! Thanks to all and please keep baking!!!

2 Orange Hearts <3 <3 
(psst.. click on the link! At least view the site, let your heart decide which route to take!)



<3 T

1 comment:

  1. Totally love this recipe, Tina! Next time you need liquid smoke, just ask. :D Thanks for passing along the link to our new website... We're building a foundation of love and healing, and appreciate everyone who stops by.

    ReplyDelete