Sunday, December 16, 2012

Chocolate Caramel Fudge Truffles

I had mentioned in an earlier post about the Chocolate Caramel Fudge. Well, this fudge ended up staying soft. It was too sticky to pick up with my fingers so I chilled it in the fridge while melting chocolate bark for a coating.  I took 2 spoons and formed them into the best round shape I could.. only for the hot chocolate to start to melt it.. which means when they cold the turned in to blobs.. Oh well best testing blobs I have ever had!





Chopping up the chocolate for the fudge, Yeah I ran out of chocolate chips..











Throwing everything into a pot instead of a double boiler.. Yup I am even shaking my head at myself!!











Fudge poured into the pan to make beautiful fudge.. only this is the batch that didn't get solid.. That's what bring us.. er.. me to this fun experiment...











Cut more chocolate up to make a coating, threw it into a pot and melted this.. unfortunately due to the fudge being sticky I couldn't take any pictures of the mess I made.. guess that's a bonus for me!!





TA-DA!! and you bite in to these babies and it melts in your mouth.. fantastic!!

Chocolate Caramel Fudge

2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1/2 cup of caramel bites
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Put all ingredients into a heat safe bowl. Place the bowl over a pot with water in it over medium heat. stir the mixture until everything is smooth and heated but not boiling. In my batch the caramel didn't melt all the way (which could be why the mix didn't thicken) pour into and greased pan lined with parchment paper. Chill til formed.

Give it a go and see what you think! Go bake something!!!

<3  T

No comments:

Post a Comment